If you’re wondering what is a scripting language, it basically means your code will need a special program to run. This program is also known as a runtime environment – or simply an environment.
In Case You're Wondering...
On a web page, you can manipulate elements on the page, validate user data, make image-sliders, build calculators, create cool animations and games, and a lot more.
However, when it’s used outside of the browser, say it’s executed by Node.js, you can create almost any application from web servers to command-line utilities.
Java is an object-oriented programming language. A Java program is compiled and run on any platform that supports Java, which basically means any machine that has the Java Runtime installed.
Take this Route to Learn It All
- What Does It Do, and What Is It Used For? WinningWP – Winning WordPress , Youtube
- Web APIs You [Probably] Didn't Know Existed Coding Tech , Youtube
- What is AJAX? CBT Nuggets , Youtube
- Create A Custom HTML5 Video Player iEatWebsites , Youtube
- Learn Fetch API In 6 Minutes Web Dev Simplified , Youtube
- Answering Tricky JS Interview Questions (Russell Anderson) Coding Tech , Youtube
- What the heck is the event loop anyway? (Philip Roberts) JSConf , Youtube
- Improving Load Performance - Chrome DevTools 101 Google Chrome Developers , Youtube